CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
I'm just a crazy young mom doing what's best for my son and me, while trying to find my place in the world. I'm addicted to a few things... (nothing bad of course) and one is talking! lol That may be typing/talking... I just don't like to keep many of my thoughts to myself apparently. I love new friends and would love to "meet" you!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Disney Names

On one of my name forums, there was the question of "baby names inspired by or ruined by Disney characters"

This was my response:
I adore Anastasia, so much so that it's in my top 3! The one thing that used to turn me off about it (now I don't mind) is Disney! But really, the name has so much history with the Russian family anyway that even without the Disney movie, it'd have been connected so...I still love it!

I also love Esmeralda nn Esme! However, with this one, I think that the Disney pull almost makes it unusable (for me). I guess because she's a gypsy and they portray the gypsys in not the best light...

Fantasia.. I think it's a gorgeous name, and I had one in my sociology class this semester (college) she's probably in her early twenties now... But I will admit I thought it was rather weird when she introduced herself!

Many of the names I do think of the characters but it doesn't have THAT much of a pull for me, ie Alice, Wendy, Belle, Aurora, Bianca, and Oliver.

On the flipside though, I am currently debating whether or not Penelope should be crossed off my list or not due to the new exposure and the "pig" connection becoming even stronger...I don't want my beloved Penelope becoming like Annabelle! (the cow)!


I guess it just depends on the name, a lot of the names that they've used, I'd never think of using anyway-take Mickey for instance. But, on a name forum today, someone was pondering Mickey for their unborn son. I'm so glad that everyone has such different taste. Imagine if we were ALL naming our children Aidan and Emma! Eek!

0 comments: